Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Beachin' It!

Jeremy and I took a weekend trip to the lovely Gulf Shores, Alabama last weekend. We had a great time and it was nice to get out of town for a little while AND it was the first trip Jeremy and I have taken to the beach together.
We arrived Friday night and set up the camper for the weekend. Jeremy's mom and step-dad have it stored in Gulf Shores for the summer and were nice enough to let us use it for the weekend. I had no idea how much was involved in setting up a camper - power, cable, sewer - lots of work and I didn't even get a picture of it! Oops!
Saturday we had a yummy breakfast at Hazel's Nook and then hit the beach! Not a bad view, huh?


After our day at the beach we were really hungry! We went to dinner at Jolly Rogers in Orange Beach. I had the best Crab Stuffed Mushroom ever and enjoyed this view while dining.
We decided to check out The Wharf after dinner and ride the ferris wheel - and eat ice cream, of course!
We headed home Sunday, but not before stopping at Burris Farm Market in Loxley, Alabama for some fresh peach cobbler, ice cream, and strawberries. Oh yes, we at our way through the weekend! Next time I go somewhere I will be better about documenting it in pictures - I'm still new to this blogging thing! :)

No comments: