Friday, May 21, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
2. I love this workout! Although, sometimes I have to turn off the sound and listen to my own music. I love Jillian, but her voice gets a little annoying sometimes. Anyway, it's 3 workouts on one DVD with three different intensity levels. I haven't even attempted Level 3 yet, because I'm too scared. I can barely get through Level 2 as it is.
3. My sister made me a run playlist and titled it "Run, Run Rudolph." It's great! There's an eclectic mix of everything from Debbie Gibson's "Electric Youth" to the cast of Glee to my personal favorite and quite possibly my all.time.favorite.song. Nick Gilder's "Hot Child in the City." Do you know it? Oh goodness, it's a great song.
4. My favorite time to listen to "Hot Child in the City" is in the afternoon when I get off work. Sunglasses on, sunroof open, music up loud. It's great.
5. I "started over" with Couch to 5K on my iPhone the other day. I started back at the beginning of Week 3. I figured, since I had completed a half-marathon I didn't need to go all the way back to Week 1. It's great and gives me a running plan...otherwise, I just stop and walk and never make much progress.
6. I found one of these leftover in my desk drawer today. Happiness!
7. In light of my discovery in #6 it's a good thing I'm doing the shredding and the running...otherwise, fitting into my summer clothes could be an issue.
8. Jeremy and I drove the Highway 11 Antique Alley Yard Sale last Saturday. It wasn't as great as I expected, but I did find some fun stuff. A bracelet, a big metal spoon and fork to hang on the wall, a glass jug that has now become our "coin jug" and this pretty little candy dish. The one I found was sans lid, which decreases the value, but I just think it'll look pretty sitting around full of something like peanut m&m's! The one I bought only cost $1...this one I found online with the lid cost $20. I had no idea a lid could be so valuable.
I think that purchase officially got me started in collecting milk glass. It's my 5th piece and I think 5 pieces constitutes an official collection!
9. While we were driving Highway 11 (we went from Trussville to the Georgia state line) we stopped in Collinsville, AL for lunch. There is NOTHING in Collinsville, but we managed to find this great little place called Nessa's and had lunch there. It was a cute little stop and the food was really good. I highly recommend the chicken salad if you ever find yourself in Collinsville on a Saturday afternoon!
10. LOST is tonight! I'm excited and sad at the same time. Only 3 1/2 more hours of that show....forever. I'm not sure I can handle it!
Friday, May 14, 2010
I had a manicure and a pedicure yesterday. I wanted to try something different with the color and I went with this. It's called "Skin Tight" (I have NO idea why) and it's kind of a brownish-plum color. I kind of love it and kind of hate it. The jury's still out. Here are my dark (and very short) nails:
I was feeling nostalgic today and remembering back on the day two years ago that we had our engagement pictures made. It was May 2008 (the exact date escapes me) and we met up with our fantastic photog Tyler Andrews at Shelby Park in Nashville. We had the best time taking these shots at the old train bridge there. I was insanely nervous the whole time, but I think the shots turned out great. Here are a few of my favorites:
There was a train passing overhead and it was SO loud!
I love this one!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
I went into the kitchen, put the pizza in the microwave, set it to 2:30 and walked away. I came back and, in a hurry, snatched it out of the microwave only to realize (too late) that the glass tray was STUCK TO THE BOX. The glass comes flying out, lands on the counter and shatters into a million pieces. My co-workers laughed, I laughed, and also felt like a complete dummy. I figured the pizza was a goner, what with all the glass chips lying around, but I checked it and ate it anyway. If I ate any glass, I certainly couldn't feel it.
In the great words of my mom, "It could ALWAYS be worse."
Also, I did not exercise yesterday and I had some Diet Mountain Dew today. Argh!
Fun times all around!
Here are a few pictures. We even had a "maypole." Again, they have no idea what that is. They just ran around with the ribbons and made one big knot. It was big time fun for them!
Friday, May 7, 2010
To my "only drink water" resolution I'm adding a clause that allows unsweet tea. Sometimes I just need a little flavor and tea is still better than the amount of diet Coke I was previously consuming.
To my "exercise. every. single. day." resolution I'm adding a goal of at least 5 days a week. I mean, seriously, it's just hard to work out every single day. I know people do it, but for me, right now, it's just not a reality. I didn't work out on Sunday and yesterday, I was at work from 6am - 6pm and I'll be honest, I did not feel like popping in my Jillian Michaels DVD when I got home and I don't feel guilty about that! So, 7 days in and I've worked out 5 of them. That's not too shabby!
So, I'm going to drink mostly water, with some tea, and have a goal of exercising at least 5 days a week. That's still better that what I was doing before.