Monday, October 6, 2008

I Still Can't Believe It!

Yes, I'm an Auburn alum. Yes, I love the Tigers. Yes, I still love them even though they're having some tough days lately. Yes, I bleed orange and blue. Yes, I am married to an Alabama fan, but that in no way dampens my enthusiam for the Auburn Tigers!

That being said, I grew up in Nashville and, thanks to my mom, have been a Vandy fan as long as I can remember. I love the 'Dores and cheer them on anytime I get the chance. Whenever Auburn and Vandy meet my heart feels torn between the two. Thank goodness they don't play each other every football season. I have never cheered against Auburn on any of these occassions until Saturday. Always the underdog, Vandy had the chance to go 5-0 for the first time in 50+ years and I had to do my part in cheering them on. The game was amazing. The fans were loud. And the outcome was fantastic!! I'm sad that it was Auburn that they had to beat, but I am so happy for Vandy I almost don't care.

This article summarizes my feelings much better than I can. I get a little misty-eyed reading it.


Who ya with??? VU! Go 'Dores!!

1 comment:

Southern said...

yeah...I'm still in shock at that one too! Could be Vandy and Bama at the SEC champs this year! ;p