Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday with the Moore's

Stayed in bed until 10:00 today. I NEVER do that. I have no idea why I slept so long, but it was awesome. I think it had something to do with the gray rain coming down outside.

Got up, got ready, had a granola bar and decided to head out!

I begged Jeremy to take me to "Dirt Cheap" in Cottondale. I had heard it was great and it did not disappoint. It's kind of like Big Lots meets a thrift store. You know, it's closeout stuff that didn't sell at stores like Target...etc. and it comes to Dirt Cheap and gets marked down 40 - 70%. It's a mess and you have to dig through bins to find anything, but it's super fun. I got a magnetic towel hook, a picture frame from Target, a Valentine's candy dish, a purse from Kohl's, a wooden Mancala game and Jeremy got a bunch of electronic wires he was really excited about. Total: less than $50! The purse alone was supposed to be $24 and the candy dish was originally marked $12.99 and I think I got it for $3.40. Yipee!! It was super fun and definitely one of those places you have to be in the "mood" for, but well worth the trip.

Then I found some super cute "spring green" pants at Old Navy and I hit up Ann Taylor LOFT (my FAVORITE!!) and spent way too much money. But, I had a coupon for $50 off a $150 purchase, so it was well worth it. And I'm set on spring and summer clothes now - well, for a while anyway.

Then I hit the Wal-Mart for a few groceries and J is currently in the garage working on his chopper while I blog, play on the internet, and watch Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC. It sucks you in, I tell you!

I love Saturday!

No comments: