Friday, December 7, 2007

Thank Goodness It's Friday!!

It's Friday! I love Friday. Even though I still have to go to work, there is something about Friday that just feels great. Woo hoo! Let the countdown to 4:30 begin.

I'm excited about tonight, too. J and I are going to put Christmas lights on the shrubs in front of the house. A lot of the houses in our neighborhood go wild with Christmas lights and I just felt like our little garland with lights over the front door wasn't doing us justice. The neighbors across the street decorate for EVERY holiday. I'm not kidding. At Halloween they had this massive inflatable horse-drawn hearse with a grim reaper at the healm. It was weird. They also decorate with an inflatable American flag for Memorial Day and the 4th of July. I'm not going to try and out-do them, but I do want to show them we're just as festive as they are!

If I can snag some pics of their house without them catching me, I will!

Anyway, we went to Lowe's last night and got some brand new lights that will hopefully work. I think I have a jinx when it comes to Christmas lights, though. Seriously, mom and I bought about 5 different kinds when I was home last weekend and only ONE of the strands worked. It was very frustrating. By the way, I cannot recommend the LED Christmas lights - at least not the white ones. I didn't realize it, but they have that same bluish glow of the LED headlights on cars. Not attractive on a Christmas tree at all! Mom and I bought some of those because they are supposedly energy-savers, needless to say, when we saw the ugly color we boxed them back up to be returned to the store.

It's hot in Alabama. It's supposed to be 63 degrees today and then in the mid-70's for the majority of next week. I don't know about you, but I think it's supposed to be cold in December! I'm already thinking about what on earth I'll wear to work next week. Bah humbug!

Hope you enjoyed the randomness!

No comments: