Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Call me Susie....Susie Homemaker that is!

I love to cook. I'm not fancy about it, but it is one of my most favorite things to do. Now that I have someone else in my life to cook for it is much more fun. Cooking for one is not fun. Cooking for two or more is my cup of tea!

Anyway, the other night I made Brunswick Stew and cornbread and it was SO good. I thought I'd share the recipe for anyone who'd like to try it! Enjoy!

Brunswick Stew

1 lb. ground beef (or turkey) browned
1 small onion, diced
2 - 5 oz. cans chicken (finely separated)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream-style corn
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 - 14 oz. bottle of ketchup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
dash worchestershire sauce

Brown beef with onion until completely cooked. Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and mix well. Cook on LOW heat for 8-9 hours. Serve with cornbread, crackers, or grilled cheese sandwiches. (Some people like to add green peas or diced potatoes, but I like it this way.)

The best part of cooking this is that when you get home from work after it's been cooking all day your house smells fabulous!

No comments: