Thursday, May 22, 2008

This.....is American Idol!

Sadly, we won't get to hear Ryan Seacrest utter that famous line for another 8 months or so. For now, we will have to bask in the glow that is David Cook's win. Deep in my heart I knew he would, but I have to admit I was a little surprised that potential Tween King David Archuleta didn't win. I'm sure they'll both put out successful records - I hope so anyway.

Even more shocking was Simon's apology to Cook for being "disrespectful." Way to go, Simon! I love Simon. Sigh....I agreed that it wasn't as cut and dry as he had made it out to be on Tuesday night. I guess it comes across a lot differently on TV than it does live.

Also shocking was the length (or lack of length) of Carrie Underwood's skirt. Yikes!

2 comments:

Haley said...

I kind of wonder what Michael Johns is saying to David Cook right there. And whether DC really is listening and/or cares.

Allison Bussell said...

Yeah, our cousin was joking that she forgot the pants that went with her suit, so she just made the suit jacket a dress. Why do they all fall into that trap. And oh yeah, DAVID COOK ROCKS!!!