Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home Again, Home Again...

"Home" being Nashville. I still say that when people ask me where I'm going for the weekend and the answer is Nashville. Even though I haven't lived in Nashville since I left for Auburn back in '97. Aside from that one brief spurt in 2004, but that was during my "lost year" and I don't really count that. :) Tuscaloosa is "home" to me now. My house definitely feels like "home" but for a part of me, my parents house and Nashville will always be home. It's weird like that I guess.

Anyway, J and I are in Nashville this week. He is laying down tile in one of my parents bathrooms and I have been helping mom paint some furniture for one of the bedrooms. Always something fun going on around here, right?! Mom is re-doing what was the office into another guest bedroom and the office has moved upstairs to the bonus room. The guest bedroom is goign to be "shabby chic" with a headboard that is no joke about 150 years old - it belonged to my great-grandmother and her mother before that. It's OLD, but surprisingly in good shape. I painted it "antique lace" - ahem, white - for mom and the walls are a pail shade of pink. I told her it KIND of looked like a baby girl's nursery, but I think the end result will be super cute! Here's hoping anyway.

The major objective of the weekend was to see Dave Matthews Band at Vandy tonight. T-minus 2 hours and 37 minutes until the concert starts! Woot! I haven't seen him in 5 years and that is 5 years TOO long. Can. Not. Wait!

And how about this weather today? It's 80 degrees and sunny here in Nashville and I am loving it. I wasn't ready to let go of the upper 70's for highs quite yet, though. I need my spring time to gradually fade into summer, don't you.

Excuse the complete randomness of this post, but I really want to do a better job of keeping up with my blog, since it's kind of my way of scrapbooking my life because, let's face it, I am a horrible scrapper and will never take it up as a hobby. It's too demanding and I can't deal with it.
Off to check on the handyman.....

No comments: