Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

I've seen a few other blogs recently that were kind of product happy. I thought I'd share some of my most favorite finds, too!

By the way, I cannot for the life of me remember how to create a link, so if someone wants to share that knowledge with me, please comment below.

Covergirl Outlast eyeliner (my favorite shade is espresso) lives up to its name. It lasts all day long and doesn't wear off. Most other eyeliners I've tried are gone by lunch time, but this one sticks with me all day - even after a work out or even sleeping in it (oops!) it's still there!
Nail Envy is my very favorite nail product ever! It makes my typicall weak and gross nails really strong. I don't keep my nails long anyway, but this keeps them from breaking, splitting, and peeling. You can find it at stores like Beauty Express or at nail salons. It's about $16.50 a bottle, but I order it on eBay for half that price. :)

As far as sunless tanners go I think I've tried them all. I was that orange-colored girl with streaky arms and legs several years ago when they all started hitting the market. Sunless tanners have come a long, long way over the years and Jergens Natural Glow is probably my favorite. It's subtle color, but enough that you look sun-kissed and beachy! The smell is typical of other tanners (kind of a weird burned skin smell?) but I don't think it's quite as strong as others I've tried. I use it almost year round, but extra in the spring and summer. I like the Medium shade the best! Girls, in the spring and summer we all like to wear sandals and flip-flops. This is great - flip-flops are definitely my friend. However, this means that you MUST take care of your toes and heels. I think one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing toes with polish chipped off and heels that are super rough. I like to indulge in the occassional pedicure, but when I can't I use Ms. Pedicure products. You can get them at Wal-Mart and they are very inexpensive, but they work great! I have the foot scrub and the foot lotion and they both smell nice (minty!) and they take care of all that dry, dead skin that we tend to get in the summer. The kit I bought also came with a nail file, toe separators, and little flip flops to wear post-polish.


I'm not big on using hairspray, but when I do, I use Vita/E. I've been told that this is "old lady" hairspray, but I really like it. It's light and never sticky and gives me just enough hold.


Ok, maybe this is an over share, but I am not one of those girls who "glows" or "glistens." Unfortunately, I sweat. And when the temperatures outside are already reaching the mid-90's I sweat a lot. That's where Certain-Dri comes in. It is the same product as the Secret and Dove "clinical strength" varieties, but it is about half the price and it works great! It just looks more clinical and less pretty than the other brands. Trust me, it works. If you try it, just be sure and follow the directions that are enclosed in the packaging.



I think my most favorite product I have recently discovered is Bare Minerals make-up. It is wonderful! It stays on all day, covers well, but never looks "cakey" or "made up." I don't want to look like I'm wearing too much make up and with this product I feel like I achieve a good balance. Plus, it lasts a really long time. I am still using most of the starter kit that I got in DECEMBER! It is a little pricey, but when you can use it for more than 6 months it's worth the cost. You can find it online at bareminerals.com or at Sephora or Ulta stores. Try it, you'll love it!

No comments: