Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. This morning I tried the Cinnamon Streusel Frosted Mini Wheats for breakfast. Have you tried them? They are so good. It's definitely a winner in the breakfast cereal category.

2. I love this workout! Although, sometimes I have to turn off the sound and listen to my own music. I love Jillian, but her voice gets a little annoying sometimes. Anyway, it's 3 workouts on one DVD with three different intensity levels. I haven't even attempted Level 3 yet, because I'm too scared. I can barely get through Level 2 as it is.

3. My sister made me a run playlist and titled it "Run, Run Rudolph." It's great! There's an eclectic mix of everything from Debbie Gibson's "Electric Youth" to the cast of Glee to my personal favorite and quite possibly my all.time.favorite.song. Nick Gilder's "Hot Child in the City." Do you know it? Oh goodness, it's a great song.

4. My favorite time to listen to "Hot Child in the City" is in the afternoon when I get off work. Sunglasses on, sunroof open, music up loud. It's great.

5. I "started over" with Couch to 5K on my iPhone the other day. I started back at the beginning of Week 3. I figured, since I had completed a half-marathon I didn't need to go all the way back to Week 1. It's great and gives me a running plan...otherwise, I just stop and walk and never make much progress.

6. I found one of these leftover in my desk drawer today. Happiness!

7. In light of my discovery in #6 it's a good thing I'm doing the shredding and the running...otherwise, fitting into my summer clothes could be an issue.

8. Jeremy and I drove the Highway 11 Antique Alley Yard Sale last Saturday. It wasn't as great as I expected, but I did find some fun stuff. A bracelet, a big metal spoon and fork to hang on the wall, a glass jug that has now become our "coin jug" and this pretty little candy dish. The one I found was sans lid, which decreases the value, but I just think it'll look pretty sitting around full of something like peanut m&m's! The one I bought only cost $1...this one I found online with the lid cost $20. I had no idea a lid could be so valuable.


I think that purchase officially got me started in collecting milk glass. It's my 5th piece and I think 5 pieces constitutes an official collection!


9. While we were driving Highway 11 (we went from Trussville to the Georgia state line) we stopped in Collinsville, AL for lunch. There is NOTHING in Collinsville, but we managed to find this great little place called Nessa's and had lunch there. It was a cute little stop and the food was really good. I highly recommend the chicken salad if you ever find yourself in Collinsville on a Saturday afternoon!

10. LOST is tonight! I'm excited and sad at the same time. Only 3 1/2 more hours of that show....forever. I'm not sure I can handle it!

No comments: