Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chicken Bruschetta

I'm always looking for new and easy recipes to make for dinner, so I thought I'd share one that I found and really like. I tweaked my recipe a little bit, but you can find the
original on Kraftfoods.com.

Chicken Bruschetta

1 - 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cans diced tomatoes (I use the Italian flavor kind with garlic and basil)
1 box Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
1 c. mozzarella cheese (I use 2% to save calories)
2 cloves minced garlic (I used dried minced garlic and it's great!)
2 tsp. dried basil

Boil chicken and shred. Place in bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top with cheese and basil. In a separate bowl combine tomatoes, stuffing mix, and garlic just until moistened. If it's a little dry, add about 1/4 c. water.

Top the chicken mixture with the tomatoes and stuffing. Bake covered at 350 for about 30 minutes - until heated through.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa P. said...

sounds great! thanks for sharing!